Carl Tollef Solberg
Carl Tollef Solberg is a visiting PhD fellow from the Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care at the University of Bergen. Prior to his candidateship, Solberg has been a research assistant at the Medical Students Research Programme in Bergen (2012-2014). He received his MD (2014) and his MA in Philosophy (2013) from the University of Bergen.
Solberg carries out research on health priorities through the perspective of the badness of death. There has been little cross-fertilization between these two academic fields. By using his background as a medical doctor and philosopher, his overall aim is to develop a new approach to health priorities. In his project, Solberg plans to investigate three specific research questions: Why is death bad? When is the worst time to die? How can discounting be justified on the basis of badness of death? Together with Espen Gamlund, Solberg will co-organize a workshop at CSMN in June 2015 on these topics.
- Solberg, Carl Tollef & Gamlund, Espen (2016). The Badness of Death and Priorities in Health. BMC Medical Ethics. ISSN 1472-6939. 17:21, s 1- 9 . doi: 10.1186/s12910-016-0104-6
- Solberg, Carl Tollef; Sørheim, Preben & Gamlund, Espen (2016). En tapt fremtid : den filosofiske debatten om døden som et onde. Arr. Idéhistorisk tidsskrift. ISSN 0802-7005. 28(2), s 3- 15
- Gamlund, Espen & Solberg, Carl Tollef (2014). Når er det verst å miste sitt liv? Relevansen av filosofiske grunnlagsteorier for helseprioriteringer . Norsk Filosofisk Tidsskrift. ISSN 0029-1943. (3-4), s 205- 217
- Muller, Karl Erik; Neteland, Ingrid & Solberg, Carl Tollef (2017). Faglig dyktig, sa du?. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. ISSN 0029-2001. 137(10), s 690- 1 . doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.17.0108
- Muller, Karl Erik & Solberg, Carl Tollef (2017). Student Research in the Medical Curriculum: Experiences From Norway. Academic Medicine. ISSN 1040-2446. 92(4), s 431- 431 . doi: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000001599
- Solberg, Carl Tollef (2016). Ulikheter i den globale sykdomsbyrden. Røyst. ISSN 1894-7069. 3(5), s 33- 40
- Solberg, Carl Tollef; Lie, Reidar K & Norheim, Ole Frithjof (2013). The Badness of Death at Early Age - A philosophical inquiry into the Deprivation Account and the Time-Relative Interest Account on The Badness of Death..