You have the opportunity to choose studies abroad as part of your programme at the Faculty of Humanities. The University of Oslo has agreements in all parts of the world.
Please note that if you are a foreign citizen, there may be limitations to the possibilities for exchange to a university abroad. For details and specifications, please contact the International student reception "Knutepunktet"
- Study opportunities abroad
(information in Norwegian only)
- Studies abroad can be included in your study programme at the University of Oslo.
- Submit a study abroad application
(link to SøknadsWeb)
The application deadline for study abroad is
15 September/15 February
Advantages of a study abroad experience
- A wider range of courses and a different approach to your field of studies
- The international aspect of your education may give you advantages in your career
- Language skills
- In Norway, former exchange students get an average of five percent higher salary than students without international experience (source: NIFU STEP)
- A study abroad experience will make it easier to get a job that is relevant for someone with your degree (source: University of Oslo student survey)
- Valuable international networks
- Personal growth
- New friendships and experiences