- M.Sc. in Chemistry, 2005, University of Palermo, Italy
- Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences, 2011, University of Palermo, Italy
- High school teaching degree in Chemistry and Chemical Technologies, 2015, University of Palermo, Italy
- Intern, R&D division of Procter & Gamble Italia, 2005, Pescara, Italy
- Temporary Researcher, Institute for the Study of Nanostructured Materials – Italian National Research Council, 2006-2007, Palermo, Italy
- Temporary Researcher, Center for Large Instrumentation – University of Palermo, 2007, Palermo, Italy
- Ph.D. Candidate, University of Palermo, 2008-2011, Palermo, Italy
- Graduate Fellow, University of Palermo, 2011, Palermo, Italy
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, ETH Zurich, 2011-2016, Zurich, Switzerland
- Associate Professor in Conservation/Conservation Science, University of Oslo, 2016-, Oslo, Norway
- 2015 Materials and Structures: Outstanding Paper, awarded for the article by Y. Seguí Femenias, U. Angst, F. Caruso, B. Elsener, Ag/AgCl ion-selective electrodes in neutral and alkaline environments containing interfering ions
- 2009, Erasmus LLP Placement scholarship, awarded for an internship at the Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage in Brussels (Belgium) from January to April 2010
- 2009, Best E-Chem Test in General Chemistry, awarded at the 3rd Residential Summer School on Conservation Science held at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece)
- 2009, Best Poster Award, awarded at Technart 2009. Non-destructive and Microanalytical Techniques in Art and Cultural Heritage. Athens (Greece). For the poster by E. Caponetti, F. Caruso, D.F. Chillura Martino, C. Di Stefano, M.L. Saladino, XRF characterisation of the varnishes of ancient stringed instruments
Caruso, Francesco; Mantellato, Sara; Palacios, Marta & Flatt, Robert J. (2017). A Powerful Tool to Better Understand Cement Hydration. Chimia (Basel).
71(3), s 131- 131 . doi:
Caruso, Francesco; Mantellato, Sara; Palacios, Marta & Flatt, Robert J. (2017). ICP-OES method for the characterization of cement pore solutions and their modifications by polycarboxylate-based superplasticizers. Cement and Concrete Research.
91C, s 52- 60 . doi:
Seguí Femenias, Yurena; Angst, Ueli Michael; Caruso, Francesco & Elsener, Bernhard (2016). Ag/AgCl ion-selective electrodes in neutral and alkaline environments containing interfering ions. Materials and Structures.
49, s 2637- 2651 . doi:
View all works in Cristin
Caruso, Francesco (2016). Recensione: Statistics and Chemometrics for Analytical Chemistry, 6th edition. CnS. La Chimica nella Scuola.
4, s 67- 69
View all works in Cristin
Published Sep. 6, 2016 10:13 AM
- Last modified Oct. 21, 2016 5:27 PM