early medieval history in general,
and more specifically, Carolingian history, the history of the Viking Age, and late antique and early medieval cultural history
- HIS2140/4140: Objects and Identities in the Viking Age (c.750-c.1050)
- HIS4425: Early Medieval Culture
- HIS1100 særemne: The Carolingian World (751–877)
- HIS2129/4129:Topics in Early Medieval Culture129/4129
Supervision of MA students in early medieval and Viking Age history.
Higher education and employment history
MA, History, Kazan State University, 1988.Kandidat of Historical Sciences, Kazan State University, 1991. MA, Medieval Studies, Central European University, Budapest, 1998. PhD, Medieval History, Fordham University, New York, 2004.
Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Ancient and Medieval History, Kazan State University, 1994-99. Postdoctoral Fellow (2004-2007) and Senior Researcher (2007-2012) at the Centre for Medieval Studies, University of Bergen. Associate Professor (2012-13) at the Dept. of Archaeology, Conservation and History, University of Oslo, and Professor of Early Medieval History from 2013.
Member of the editorial board for the book series Medieval Identities: Socio-Cultural Spaces at Brepols.
Select Fellowships and Awards
- Dr. Günther Findel-Stiftung Fellowship, Herzog August Bibliothek, Wolfenbüttel (2002–2003),
- Yngre fremragende forskere Fellowship, NFR (2007–2012),
- Oliver Smithies Visiting Lectureship, Balliol College, Oxford (2012),
- FriHum-ERC Fellowship, NFR (2012–2017)
- Clare Hall Visiting Fellowship, Cambridge (2015–16)
- Visiting Membership at the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton (fall 2016)