Bachelor's degree in philosophy,University of Oslo (2013)
Master's degree in history, University of Oslo (2015)
- My thesis dealt with high-status refugees in the dynastic conflicts in Denmark and Norway during twelfth century, and can be found here: https://www.duo.uio.no/handle/10852/45142
My project deals with the relationship between private and public/individual and collective knowledge in Norway during the twelfth and thirteenth centuries. By comparing different kinds of sources I want to answer the following questions: what knowledge is and can be private in a society in which almost everything is public? How does knowledge go from being private to being public? How can the collective get access to the individual's knowledge? I am especially interested in the social mechanisms that regulated the transfer of knowledge from the private to the public sphere, such as oaths, testimony and ordeals.
My work is part of the interdisciplinary project Systems of Knowledge in the Nordic Middle Ages (SKiN).
- Rønning, Ole-Albert; Sigh, Helle Møller & Vogt, Helle (2017). Introduction, In Ole-Albert Rønning; Helle Vogt & Helle Møller Sigh (ed.), Donations, Inheritance and Propertyt in the Nordic and Western World from Late Antiquity until Today. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-138-19583-7. Introduction. s 1 - 8
- Rønning, Ole-Albert; Vogt, Helle & Sigh, Helle Møller (ed.) (2017). Donations, Inheritance and Propertyt in the Nordic and Western World from Late Antiquity until Today. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-138-19583-7. 331 s.
- Rønning, Ole-Albert (2017). Bevis i middelalderens rettssystem . Norgeshistorie.no.
- Rønning, Ole-Albert (2017). Middelalderen, populærkulturen og de store spørsmålene.
- Rønning, Ole-Albert (2017). Pants on fire: sanctions and consequences of perjury in medieval Norwegian law.
- Rønning, Ole-Albert (2017). Sættargjerden i Tønsberg . Norgeshistorie.no.
- Rønning, Ole-Albert (2016). Exile: What can a fleeing Danish king tell us about medieval civil wars?.
- Rønning, Ole-Albert (2016). Magnus Lagabøtes landslov . Norgeshistorie.no.
- Rønning, Ole-Albert (2016). Oaths as ritual in medieval Norway.