My research centres around various forms and aspects of representational content. Among other things, I am interested in the nature of thought, its intentionality, and its relation to perception and linguistic representation. I am also interested in artistic representation, especially pictorial representation, as well as the perception of art generally.
Since 2013, I have been affiliated with CSMN. I studied at University College London (PhD, 2014; MPhil, 2010) and the University of Oslo (Bachelor, 2008). In 2012-2013, I was awarded a Jacobsen Studentship from the Royal Institute of Philosophy in London.
- Aasen, Solveig (2017). Object-Dependent Thought Without Illusion. European Journal of Philosophy. ISSN 0966-8373. 25(1), s 68- 84 . doi: 10.1111/ejop.12225
- Aasen, Solveig (2017). Å sanse det abstrakte: Bildet som persepsjonsobjekt og kunstobjekt. Filosofisk supplement. ISSN 0809-8220. (1), s 46- 55 Full text in Research Archive.
- Aasen, Solveig (2016). Pictures, presence and visibility. Philosophical Studies. ISSN 0031-8116. 173(1), s 187- 203 . doi: 10.1007/s11098-015-0475-4
- Aasen, Solveig (2016). Visibility Constraints in Depiction: Objects Experienced Versus Objects Depicted. Philosophical quarterly (Print). ISSN 0031-8094. . doi: 10.1093/pq/pqw015 Full text in Research Archive.
- Aasen, Solveig (2017). Are olfactory objects spatial?. iCog Blog.