Businesses and organizations in China, India and Japan can benefit from this opportunity to make international talent development and global engagement become real!
Graduates from the University of Oslo’s bachelor programmes in Chinese, Hindi and Japanese are eager to enhance their knowledge of working life and get career experience from their country of specialisation. On graduation they have more than two years of language training including one semester in abroad (China, India or Japan), and area studies with knowledge of history, politics, religion of the country.
When you participate, your organization/company gets input from a European perspective at the same time as the student gets first hand experience with work culture.
We are looking to collaborating with organizations or companies in China, India or Japan willing to
- accept one or maximum two energetic Norwegian students on work placement
- provide them with interesting tasks, and involve them in team work
- enable experience from a real-life working situation
- duration: 3-5 months
- no costs involved (the students receive government funding)
The students offer
- good analytical skills
- experience from processing large materials of information
- presentation experience, both oral and written
- excellent English proficiency
- honed creative and critical skills
- language skills in the relevant language
Read more about the individual programmes:
Open to all companies and organizations
Companies and organizations may be Chinese, Indian or Japanese, or they may be Norwegian but operating in the relevant country.
We are open to any type of company, be it production, service, IT, trade, shipping, publishing or consultancy, and organizations such as cultural, rights and awareness, educational or sports. Governmental organizations are also encouraged to apply.
Our project is collaborating with the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO) and is financed by the government political initiative Norwegian Opening Universties.