Women and Gender Studies in Tibet (completed)
Through different studies this project wants to stimulate women's and gender studies related to Tibetan society and culture.
About the project
The project is a collaboration between the Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages (IKOS) at the University of Oslo and the Center for Women and Gender Studies (CWGS) at Tibet University in Lhasa. It has several components:
- to establish a competence and research institution connected with women and gender studies at Tibet University: Center for Women and Gender Studies (abbr. CWGS).
- to educate and build the competence of Tibetan students, teachers and researchers at Tibet University engaged in women- and gender studies in Tibetan culture.
- to produce scientific articles and books in women and gender research in Tibetan culture.
- to increase the English level of students, teachers and researchers connected with the project Women and Gender Studies in Tibet at the CWGS.
- to assist students and teachers at the CWGS obtain Master degrees in Tibet, in Norway or in other relevant countries. Initiate research projects that may be developed into M.Phil. theses.
- to work gradually towards qualifying the CWGS students and teachers for Ph.D. studies in the PRC, or in Norway or in other relevant universities in the West.
- to stimulate the interest for women and gender studies in Tibetan culture among Tibetan students at TU, among Norwegian students at UiO and elsewhere.
The main purpose of the project is education and competence building for Tibetan students, teachers, and researchers at the Center for Women and Gender Studies at Tibet University in Lhasa.
The project receives financial support by NORAD via Network for University Co-operation Tibet – Norway