ISB8 - International Symposium on Bilingualism Oslo 2011
ISB8 was hosted by the Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies at the University of Oslo from June 15 to June 18, 2011.
The University of Oslo celebrates its 200th anniversary in the same year and ISB8 is part of the program for a celebration that will last throughout the entire year.
This website is regularly updated, so please check back for news and information.
- In the middle of ISB8 we are pleased to announce that the website for the next conference is already up and running. Check out ISB9 to be held in Singapore: 9th International Symposium of Bilingualism. (posted June 16, 2011).
Dates for the First Call and the deadline for Call for Papers are already posted! (posted June 16, 2011)
- You can follow the weather update for planning your trip. (posted June 11,2011)
- Be sure to be on time for the Opening session. The Norwegian musicians Frode Fjellheim and Hildegunn Øiseth will be playing at the opening of ISB8 (Wednesday 15 June). You can enjoy some of their music here (posted June 11, 2011): www.youtube.com/vuelie#p/u/1/8JitHYzd6YM and www.youtube.com/vuelie#p/u/0/jWV6IHcVUnA
See the Travel information page for detailed arrival information! (posted June 6, 2011)
- The final program is going to press now. More detailed arrival information, including how to get to the University, will be posted on this site. Stay tuned! (posted May 29, 2011)
- Please note that the last online registration date is May 31, 2011. After that date all registration will take place on site. The Registration Desk will open on Tuesday afternoon, June 14, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. (posted May 21, 2011)
- Poster specifications are now posted in the FAQ page (posted May 5, 2011)
- A tentative conference program is now available online on the Program page (posted April 15, 2011)
- Travel Grants have been announced. See the link in the main menu on this page. Deadline for applications is May 4 (Oslo time).
- Important information posted on the new Business Meeting link in the main menu. Please check it out! [posted March 21, 2011]
- Visit ISB8 on Facebook! There you can find information on student and budget accommodation. Also you can use the forum to find a roommate in order to share costs. [posted March 19, 2011]
- The portal to the reviews for all of the submissions has been opened. A tentative program will be posted on this website by mid April [posted March 17, 2011]
- The titles of the keynote lectures have been published [posted March 14, 2011]
- The conference dinner is now sold out. [posted March 3, 2011]
- The conference dinner is almost sold out. Bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis. [posted February 25, 2011]
- Information for potential sponsors and exhibitors can be found on our Sponsors & Exhibitors page. [posted February 23, 2011]
- The conference registration link is now published on the Registration page. A preliminary outline of the program is found on the Program page. [posted February 1, 2011]
- All the notification letters have been sent out as of today. Kindly contact us if you have not received your letter by email. [posted January 28, 2011]
- Registration for ISB8 will take place on a new separate link that will be posted on this website January 31, 2011. On January 28th, the registration fee will be announced [posted January 25, 2011]
- Update of the page Frequently Asked Questions [posted December 17, 2010]
- Deadline for colloquia is October 10 and for papers and posters October 24, 2010 [posted September 10, 2010]
- Abstract submission portal is now open, go to Abstract submission for guidelines [posted June 2010]
- Call for papers: ISB 8 invites proposals for presentations on any aspect of research on bilingualism. Call for papers [posted March 29, 2010]
- ISB9 in Singapore: Contact: Ng Bee Chin, Nanyang University (MBCNg@ntu.edu.sg) [posted February 2, 2010]
Published Feb 16, 2011 09:17 PM
- Last modified Feb 16, 2013 10:46 AM