Call for Papers
The Northern European Association for Language Technology (NEALT) invites submissions to its bi-annual conference on human language and speech technologies. NODALIDA 2013 will be held between May 22 - May 24, 2013, on the campus of the University of Oslo (Norway). Please mark your calendars.
Photo: Arthur Sand, Faculty of Humanities, University of Oslo
NODALIDA addresses all aspects of speech recognition and synthesis, natural language processing, and computational linguistics — including work in closely related neighbouring disciplines (such as, for example, linguistics or psychology) that is sufficiently formalized or applied to bear relevance to speech and language technologies.
We invite paper submissions in three distinct tracks:
- regular papers on substantial, original, and unpublished research, including empirical evaluation results, where appropriate;
- short papers on smaller, focused contributions, work in progress, negative results, surveys, or opinion pieces; and
- student papers on completed or ongoing work, where at least the first author is a Master or PhD student.
There will be a fourth track for system demonstrations, with a separate call for papers and submission deadline in the spring of 2013.
Papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be included in the NODALIDA 2013 proceedings, which is published as part of the NEALT Proceedings Series by Linköping University Electronic Press.
January 21January 28, 2013: Submission of Papers (NOTE: EXTENDED DEADLINE)
- Monday, March 11, 2013: Notification of Acceptance
- Monday, April 15, 2013: Camera-Ready Manuscripts
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013: Pre-Conference Workshops
- Thursday & Friday, May 23 & 24, 2013: Main Conference
All submissions must follow the NODALIDA 2013 style files, which are available for LaTeX (preferred), Libre Office, or MS Word and can be retrieved from the following address:
Submissions must be anonymous, i.e. not reveal author(s) on the title page or through self-references. Papers must be submitted digitally, in PDF, and uploaded through the on-line conference system, which will open in early December. Paper submissions that violate either of these requirements will be returned without review.
The page limits for submissions are: up to fourteen pages for regular papers, up to eight pages for short papers, and up to ten pages for student papers. For all three submission types, these page limits do /not/ include additional pages with bibliographic references. Please note that NODALIDA 2013 adapts a single-column, smaller page format, optimized for on-screen reading. In terms of actual word counts, the above page numbers correspond to approximately eight, four, and six pages, respectively, in a ‘classic’, two-column conference proceedings layout.
Submissions to the conference must be uploaded electronically, obeying the above requirements and no later than (end of day, world-wide):
January 21January 28, 2013 (NOTE: EXTENDED DEADLINE)
NODALIDA 2013 utilizes the EasyChair conference management system for submission, reviewing, and preparation of proceedings. Submission for the conference is now open at:
Reviewing of submissions and selection of the conference programme will be managed by the NODALIDA 2013 Programme Committee. All submissions will receive three double-blind reviews by experts in the field.
- Lars Ahrenberg, Linköping University, Sweden
- Heiki-Jaan Kaalep, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Mikko Kurimo, Aalto University, Finland
- Stephan Oepen (Programme Chair), University of Oslo, Norway
- Eva Pettersson, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Bolette Sandford Pedersen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Victoria Rosén, University of Bergen, Norway
To inquire about the submission and reviewing process or generally the scientific programme of the conference, please email 'oe [at] ifi.uio.no'.
Local organization commitee
The NODALIDA 2013 Organizing Committee is comprised of staff from the Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies (ILN) and from the Department of Informatics (IFI) at the University of Oslo, Norway:
- Ruth Vatvedt Fjeld, ILN
- Kristin Hagen, ILN
- Janne Bondi Johannessen (Organizing Chair), ILN
- Anders Nøklestad, ILN
- Erik Velldal, IFI
- Lilja Øvrelid, IFI
For all practical inquiries, please email 'nodalida2013 [at] hf.uio.no'.