Call for Workshops Proposals
The Northern European Association for Language Technology (NEALT) invites proposals for workshops to its bi-annual conference on human language and speech technologies. NODALIDA 2013 will be held between May 22 and May 24, 2013, on the campus of the University of Oslo (Norway). Please mark your calendars.
Photo: Arthur Sand, Faculty of Humanities, University of Oslo
NODALIDA addresses all aspects of speech recognition and synthesis, natural language processing, and computational linguistics—including work in closely related neighbouring disciplines (such as, for example, linguistics or psychology) that is sufficiently formalized or applied to bear relevance to speech and language technologies.
We invite proposals for workshops, to be held on Wednesday, May 22, immediately preceding the main conference. Workshops can be either scheduled for a full day (morning and afternoon) or for half a day. Workshop proposals can be submitted in free-text form, anytime before Monday, December 10, by email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
Workshop proposals must include adequate information on at least the following aspects:
- proposed workshop title
- topic and goals of the workshop
- target group and estimated attendance
- workshop organizer(s) and contact(s)
- mode of organization and programme design
- Monday, December 10, 2012: Submission of Workshop Proposals
- Monday, December 17, 2012: Notification of Workshop Selection
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013: Pre-Conference Workshops
The Assessment and selection of workshop proposals will be made by the NODALIDA 2013 Programme Committee.
- Lars Ahrenberg, Linköping University, Sweden
- Heiki-Jaan Kaalep, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Mikko Kurimo, Aalto University, Finland
- Stephan Oepen (Programme Chair), University of Oslo, Norway
- Eva Pettersson, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Bolette Sandford Pedersen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Victoria Rosén, University of Bergen, Norway
To inquire about the submission and reviewing process or generally the scientific programme of the conference, please email 'oe [at] ifi.uio.no’.
The NODALIDA 2013 Organizing Committee is comprised of staff from the Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies (ILN) and from the Department of Informatics (IFI) at the University of Oslo, Norway:
- Ruth Vatvedt Fjeld, ILN
- Kristin Hagen, ILN
- Janne Bondi Johannessen (Organizing Chair), ILN
- Anders Nøklestad, ILN
- Erik Velldal, IFI
- Lilja Øvrelid, IFI
For all practical inquiries, please email 'nodalida2013 [at] hf.uio.no'.