Voice in Translation
Voice in Translation is an international research group which explores concept(s) of voice in Translation Studies, and employs it in empirical research on translations. Ten members of the research group are collaborators on the Research Project "Voices of Translation: Rewriting Literary Texts in a Scandinavian Context".
http://www.hf.uio.no/ilos/english/research/projects/voices-of-translation/index.htmlVoice in Translation. From left: Kristiina Taivalkoski-Shilov (University of Helsinki), Hanne Jansen (University of Copenhagen), Agnes Whitfield (York University), Åse Johnsen (University of Bergen), Cecilia Alvstad (University of Oslo), Şehnaz Tahir-Gürçağlar (Bogaziçi University), Anna Wegener (University of Copenhagen).
About the group
Voice in Translation is an international research group which explores concept(s) of voice in Translation Studies, and employs it in empirical research on translations. Translations are constellations of voices: authors', translators', publishers', characters' voices; peripheral, official, counter-cultural voices; etc.
In our studies on "Voice" we aim at relating many currently disparate concepts: translation and authorial style, characters' speech, re-translation, self-translation, publishers' cuts, plagiarism, censorship, etc.
For information about the monthly translation seminar at the University of Oslo, see the Norwegian homepage.
Recently published books:
Cecilia Alvstad and Alexandra Assis Rosa Voice in retranslation. Special issue of Target 2015:1
Hanne Jansen and Anna Wegener (eds) Authorial and Editorial Voices in Translation1–Collaborative Relationships between Authors, Translators, and Performers Montreal: Vita Traductiva Éditions québécoises de l’œuvre.
Kristiina Taivalkoski-Shilov and Myriam Suchet (eds). 2013. La Traduction des voix intra-textuelles/ Intratextual Voices in Translation. Montreal: Vita Traductiva Éditions québécoises de l’œuvre.
- Translating the Voices of Theory: Intercultural Passages, Resistances and Audibility. University Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3, 21-22 March 2014. Deadline for abstracts: September 30, 2013.
- Voice in Indirect Translation / Voz em Tradução Indirecta. University of Lisbon, July 10-11, 2013. Convenor: Research Group on Translation and Reception Studies, University of Lisbon Centre for English Studies, ULICES, Portugal in collaboration with the International reseacrh group Voice in Translation. Programme.
- Program The translator's voice at school / Programme La Voix du traducteur a l'école
University of Wrocław, Poland, April 26-27, 2013 / Institut d’études romanes, Université de Wroclaw, Pologne Les 26-27 avril 2013
- Authorial and Editorial Voices in Translation
University of Copenhagen, Denmark, November 2-3, 2011
Convenors: Hanne Jansen and Anna Wegener
- Intratextual Voices in Translation: Concepts, Discourses and Practices
Venue: Maison Suger, Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme, 16-18 Suger, Paris VIe, France, March 14-15, 2011.
Convenors: Cecilia Alvstad, Kristiina Taivalkoski-Shilov, Jeroen Vandaele and Agnès Whitfield.
Call for papers
- Voice in Retranslation
Conference, October 21-22, 2010.
Key-Note Speakers: Kaisa Koskinen and Outi Paloposki
Convenors: Cecilia Alvstad, Jeroen Vandaele and Eva Refsdal.
- Voice in Film Translation
Conference, November 11-12, 2010.
Key-Note Speakers: Jorge Díaz Cintas and Aline Remael
Convenors: Jeroen Vandaele, Rosario Garnemark and Cecilia Alvstad
- Voice in Translation
A one day conference with invited speakers, February 25, 2010.
Convenor: Cecilia Alvstad