Call for Abstracts (ISMI 2016)
The fifth International Symposium on Media Innovations will be held at the University of Oslo, Norway, October 13 and 14, 2016. Call for abstracts: 750-word extended abstracts due 15 May 2016.
The focus of the Media Innovations Symposium is on evolutions and trends in the different media sectors. We aim to explore how changing technologies, and changing modes of usage and engagement with media bring about innovation and transformation of the media industry. The symposium will be in two parts: An industry session and an academic session, both covering innovations in all media sectors.
We invite submissions for papers on any aspect of media innovation, including the following topics:
* Innovation research through design
* Innovation in formats and genre
* Innovation in news
* Innovation in entertainment
* Innovation in business models
* Innovation in distribution and delivery (reaching the audience in new ways)
* Innovation in use
* Innovation in cross- and trans-media production, delivery, and use
* Innovation in advertising formats and strategies.
* Failed innovations: New products that did not succeed.
Submissions will be peer-reviewed. Extended abstracts of proposed papers, 750 word
maximum, should be sent to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Deadlines and Dates:
15 May, 2016: extended abstracts due
June, 2016: notice of acceptance
15 September, 2016: full papers due
Best paper award will be announced during the conference.
Selected papers from the symposium will be published in a special issue of the Journal of Media Innovations.