Guest researchers at The Department of Media and Communication
The Department of Media and Communication welcomes visiting scholars for short term research stays.
- Access to our department's guest researchers’ workspace.
- Full access to the University library.
- Access to all e-journals provided by the University library.
- Invitation to workshops and seminars at the Department.
Conditions of acceptance:
- You should have a well-established contact with one or several of the Department's academic employees before you can apply for a stay.
- It means that you should have known your contact at our Department for some time before you apply. The acquintance should normally go beyond a formal request about cooperation sent by email. As a rule, guest research visits at our Department are a result of ongoing discussions about joint projects, joint publications, or a result of participation in an academic network, international conference and similar.
- This employee should confirm his/her ability to function as your permanent contact point during all your stay in order to help you to get better acquianted with the relevant research group/ project. Please note that this does not involve any academic supervision or guidance.
- Please note that this service is NOT a part of any official exchange program or studies.
- The Department reserves the right to give priority to the applications contributing to the Department's ongoing research.
- A good working knowledge of English is a precondition for applying.
- Guests may be asked to present their ongoing research to staff and students during their stay.
- We have no scholarships available and do not have any possibility to fund guest researchers' visits. Guest researchers are expected to take care of all the practicalities.
- Guests are expected to bring along their own data equipment.
- Information about visiting researchers will usually be presented on our website.
- Please register your application here not later than four weeks prior to your arrival.
- Please note that in order to comply with visa formalities (if this is the case) or find suitable accommmodation, you should apply several months in advance.
- Applications should include a letter of motivation and a CV (uploaded).
- Applications may be circulated to the Department's academic staff for evaluation.
- Applications may be registered at any time, and you can expect an answer within 3 weeks (except during holidays). The Department reserves the right to consider the applications at own discretion and reject the applications without stating the reasons for the rejection.