Guest researchers at The Department of Media and Communication
The Department of Media and Communication welcomes visiting scholars for short term research stays.
NB! This information DOES NOT apply to researchers coming through Erasmus + programs.
All inquiries about possible visits within the limits of Erasmus + program should be related to the Department.
- Access to our department's guest researchers’ workspace.
- Full access to the University library.
- Access to all e-journals provided by the University library.
- Invitation to workshops and seminars at the Department.
Conditions of acceptance:
- You should have a well-established contact with one or several of the Department's academic employees before you can apply for a stay.
- It means that you should have known your contact at our Department for some time before you apply. The acquintance should normally go beyond a formal request about cooperation sent by email. As a rule, guest research visits at our Department are a result of ongoing discussions about joint projects, joint publications, or a result of participation in an academic network, international conference and similar.
- This employee should confirm his/her ability to function as your permanent contact point during all your stay in order to help you to get better acquianted with the relevant research group/ project. Please note that this does not involve any academic supervision or guidance.
- Please note that this service is NOT a part of any official exchange program or studies.
- The Department reserves the right to give priority to the applications contributing to the Department's ongoing research.
- A good working knowledge of English is a precondition for applying.
- Guests may be asked to present their ongoing research to staff and students during their stay.
- We have no scholarships available and do not have any possibility to fund guest researchers' visits. Guest researchers are expected to take care of all the practicalities.
- Guests are expected to bring along their own data equipment.
- Information about visiting researchers will usually be presented on our website.
- Please register your application here not later than four weeks prior to your arrival.
- Please note that in order to comply with visa formalities (if this is the case) or find suitable accommmodation, you should apply several months in advance.
- Applications should include a letter of motivation and a CV (uploaded).
- Applications may be circulated to the Department's academic staff for evaluation.
- Applications may be registered at any time, and you can expect an answer within 3 weeks (except during holidays). The Department reserves the right to consider the applications at own discretion and reject the applications without stating the reasons for the rejection.