Research topic: Democracy and freedom of expression
In a today's society the media are a key arena for democratic processes, and a key facilitator of public expression. Hence it is important to understand how the media report politics and public matters in order to understand how contemporary democracy works.
By the same token, the frameworks and limits set by the media for expressing opinions publicly are key to understanding how the ideal of freedom of expression is put into practice.
Priority research areas
- Centre for Research on Media Innovations
- Media Aesthetics and Imag(in)ing Technologies
- Political Communication
- The State of Freedom of Speech in Norway
- Engaging with Conflicts in Mediatized Religious Environments (CoMRel)
- Online interaction forms
- Social Media and Election Campaigns