Student committee at IMK
The student committee is made up of the student representatives in the Department of Media and Communication (IMK). The student committee looks after students’ interests vis-à-vis the Board and head of the department.
Mouthpiece within the department
The student committee acts as a mouthpiece between the students and the head of department. We have two representatives on the Department Board, enabling us to influence day-to-day student life in the department. The Board is the supreme decision-making body for the department.
- The committee is re-elected every semester.
- All students in the department are entitled to help decide what the committee will work on.
- Students are also represented on the programme committees within the department. The programme committees deal with the academic framework for the programmes and quality-assure them.
The most important tasks of the committee are:
- Allocation of reading room places at MA level
- Addressing student issues on the Department Board
- Anonymous appeals relating to grades or coursework
- Communicating important information from the department and the department committee
The student committee needs you
The student committee is always on the lookout for new members who can contribute fresh ideas. You do not need any qualifications to join, apart from the courage of your convictions. It is important for students from all levels to be represented on the student committee, so it is as representative of the student body as possible.
The student committee is a particularly good way of making friends and providing a social milieu in the midst of your chaotic student life. A role within the department can also be added to your CV as an extra bonus.
Do you want to know more about the IMK student committee? Do you want to stand for election to the committee? Don’t hesitate to contact us!