The MIDI Lab is a multi-purpose facility used for lectures and student projects - touching on subjects varying from composition to music production and programming. The room consists of a smaller high-quality recording studio, a well-isolated recording room and several student work-stations, each equipped with an iMac, a MIDI-keyboard, an audio interface, a microphone and a headset.
The recording studio works with Logic, Pro Tools and Ableton Live.
The recording studio is equipped with the following:
- iMac(2014) with Pro Tools, Logic and Ableton Live.
- 2x Avid Artist Mix-controllers with 2x8 faders.
- Lynx Aurora 16(AD/DA-converter).
- Various microphones from producers such as Røde, Shure, Sennheiser, Neumann.
- Microphone pre-amplifiers from producers such as Universal Audio, Rupert Neve Designs, Audient, TL Audio etc.
- Genelec- and Dynaudio-monitors.
- Essential high-end plug-ins from Waves, Universal Audio etc. and various software instruments.
- A user-friendly Grace Design monitor controller.
- A user-friendly patchbay and lucid signal-paths, well-adjusted to new students and beginners.
Every workstation is equipped with an iMac, a MIDI-keyboard, an audio interface, a dynamic microphone and a headset. Every computer is installed with Sibelius, Logic, Pro Tools and Ableton Live - in addition to plug-ins from Waves, various software instruments and Sibelius 7-sounds.