The department’s recording studio is used for lectures, student projects, and research. The room is equipped with a high-quality recording system based on Pro Tools' HDX software.
Pro Tools HDX system
In addition to the studio’s live room, it is possible to tieline the studio to other rooms in the building, including the department’s mixing suite and lecture hall.
The room is equipped with the following:
- A MacPro (2014) running Pro Tools HDX.
- An Avid/Digidesign D-Command DAW-controller.
- AD/DA-converters fra Lynx.
- Microphones from manufacturers such as Neumann, Schoeps, AKG, Brauner, DPA, Sennheiser, Royer, and Shure.
- Pre-amplifiers from API, Neve,Thermionic Culture, Universal Audio, Millennia og Audient.
- Plugins from Waves, Universal Audio, etc.
- All necessary backline, including a Steinway grand piano.