Victor Evaristo Gonzalez Sanchez
Human movement science, Biomechanics, Perception and movement, Motor Control, Motion Capture, Micro motion, Assistive technologies, Music and movement.
Before I joined the faculty at the Department of Musicology in January 2017, I completed my PhD research in Hand movement analysis at the University of Sheffield, UK. I was Graduate Teaching Assistant and Facilitator for Mechanical Engineering courses at undergraduate and master levels at the University of Sheffield. I also held a consulting intern position at Sheffield City Council's Life Long Learning Skills & Communities in a project aimed at improving employability conditions of people with learning disabilities. During my research on hand and finger movement I was involved with the Centre for Assistive Technology and Connected Healthcare (CATCH) and the Insigneo Institute for in silico medicine at the University of Sheffield. Some of my hand movement research has been published in the International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation and the Journal of Hand Therapy, and I have also presentedmy research at the International Congress of Biomechanics, 2015. I got my Mechatronics Engineering degree and Mechanical Engineering Master's from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
My current research project is titled MICRO (Human Bodily Micromotion in Music Perception and Interaction), which aims to understand how music influences what we may call micromotion, the small magnitude motion observed when people try to stand still. Additionally, this research is aimed at using micromotion to control musical sound in computer-based systems.
- Fellowship for Doctoral studies abroad (CONACYT-Mexico)
Gonzalez, V., Rowson, J. and Yoxall, A. (2013). Motion Capture Analysis of Dexterity Tests. Proceedings of the Second European Conference on Design 4 Health 2013, Sheffield, UK.
Gonzalez, V., Rowson, J., & Yoxall, A. (2015). Development of the Variable Dexterity Test: Construction, reliability and validity. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, 22(4), 174–180. doi:10.12968/ijtr.2015.22.4.174
Gonzalez, V., Rowson, J. & Yoxall, A (2015). Correlation analysis of finger interdependencies during activities of daily living. 25th Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics, Glasgow, UK, 2015.
Olewicz, C., Whittle, C., Gonzalez, V., Reem, U., Garcia, J. (2015). Employability of individuals with learning disabilities and long-term unemployed: Current practices and future opportunities in Sheffield. Sheffield City Council.
Gonzalez, V., Rowson, J. & Yoxall, A (2016). Analysing finger interdependencies during the Purdue Pegboard Test and comparative activities of daily living. Journal of Hand Therapy, 30(1), p80–88.
Gonzalez, V., Rowson, J. & Yoxall, A (2016). Analysis of finger coordination during the Variable Dexterity Test and Comparative Activities of Daily Living. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, 23(10).
Yoxall, A., Gonzalez, V. & Rowson, J (2016). Analysis of finger movement during packaging interactions. Packaging Technology and Science, In press.
- Jensenius, Alexander Refsum; Gonzalez Sanchez, Victor Evaristo; Zelechowska, Agata & Bjerkestrand, Kari Anne Vadstensvik (2017). Exploring the Myo controller for sonic microinteraction , In Cumhur Erkut (ed.), Proceedings of the International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression. Aalborg University Copenhagen. KAPITTEL. s 442 - 445 Full text in Research Archive
- Jensenius, Alexander Refsum; Zelechowska, Agata & Gonzalez Sanchez, Victor Evaristo (2017). The Musical Influence on People's Micromotion when Standing Still in Groups, In Tapio Lokki; Jukka Pätynen & Vesa Välimäki (ed.), Proceedings of the 14th Sound and Music Computing Conference 2017. Aalto University. ISBN 978-952-60-3729-5. Social interaction. s 195 - 200 Full text in Research Archive
- Jensenius, Alexander Refsum; Gonzalez Sanchez, Victor Evaristo; Zelechowska, Agata & Bjerkestrand, Kari Anne Vadstensvik (2017). Exploring the Myo controller for sonic microinteraction .
- Jensenius, Alexander Refsum; Zelechowska, Agata & Gonzalez Sanchez, Victor Evaristo (2017). The musical influence on people’s micromotion when standing still in groups .