The Electric Space Concert Series: Concert 1
Welcome to a new concert series featuring 3D electroacoustic acousmaticmusic. In each concert we will play modern and classic immersive and dynamic spatial music on a 47 speaker ambisonics array installed in the motion lab at IMV.
NOTE: The 16.00 showing is now fully booked. A repeat is planned for 17.00 depending on interest. Please sign up for the 17.00 event and you will be contacted with confirmation.These exclusive events will have limited seating. We kindly ask interested persons to sign up to ensure a place!
In this first concert it seems appropriate to explore the historical and stylistic extremes of the acousmatic repertoire. Short works from as early as 1968 are interpreted over our latest spatialisation technology, and contrasted with recent compositions that have been performed world-over. The program explores the diversity of the acousmatic genre displaying influences ranging from environmental-based sound-art through to intense concert experiences.
The concert will begin with a short introduction about the Technology we are using and about the works that we shall play.
- David Monacchi: A Path Into the Rainforest. 6'00. (2013). Ambisonics Soundfield composition.
- Francois Bayle: L'expérience acoustique, Part III. La Preuve par le sens - 12. it. 3'52. (1968-1971). Stereo source spatialised over ambisonics.
- Bernard Parmegiani: Dedans-dehors, Part I - En phase / hors phase 2'29. (1977). Stereo source spatialised over ambisonics.
- Natasha Barrett: Hidden Values, Part II - Optical Tubes. 7'00. (2012). 6th order 3D ambisonics.
- Manuella Blackburn: Switched on. 8'00. (2011). Stereo source spatialised over ambisonics.