Spring School 2017: From hypothesis to experiment
A four-day PhD course organized by Janne Bondi Johannessen and MultiLing.
Research assistant Eirik collecting information in USA.
The course will give the students a good understanding of how they can go from formulating questions and hypotheses to how they can hope to have their hypotheses tested. The instructors will use their own research as a basis for their lectures. All the instructors are linguists with a strong research background and experience from different kinds of experiments, from advanced online experiments (eye tracking, mouse-tracking, real-time studies) with high technology tools to offline methods (elicitations, interviews) with very little advanced equipment.
- Maria Polinsky (University of Maryland)
- Ronny Meyer (Addis Ababa University)
- Bjørn Lundquist (UiT–The Arctic University of Norway)
- Janne Bondi Johannessen (University of Oslo)
Details and requirements
- The course will give 5 ECTS points if an essay is handed in after the course.
- The participants must be enrolled in a PhD program in linguistics or a related field of study. There is no course fee, but participants will have to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Full Course description
To participate: Sign up for the course before 20 February 2017.