How literature shapes thought and feelings
Literature, Cognition and Emotions (LCE) is an interdisciplinary hub that brings together literary studies, linguistics, psychology and neurosciences in a new conversation about literature.
- Emotions across cultures and languages - the ways in which literature highlights our feelings across different cultures and languages.
- Cultural and cognitive memory - how literature shapes memories and identities.
- Literature as a lifeworld technology - the role that literary texts and literary reading play in the digital lifeworld.
- LCE offers interdisciplinary courses on BA and MA level, as well as options for exchange studies.
- For students on MA level, we offer supervision, stipends and host teaching events.
- Our digital teaching materials is an open educational resource for teachers, students and anyone with an interest in literature and psychology.
22 August 2022, 2:15 PM
21 September 2022, 1:15 PM
21 September 2022, 4:15 PM
22 September 2022, 09:15 AM
Writing Workshop: Academic Writing Demystified
29 November 2022, 10:00 AM
Join the Literature, Cognition and Emotions Podcast for a series of conversations on how literature shapes our thoughts and feelings.
LCE in social media
LCE collaborates internally between the following departments at the University of Oslo:
- Department of Literature, Area Studies and European Languages
- Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages
- Department of Psychology
Our external network of associated research groups and centres stretches from Europe to the US and Australia.
The Faculty of Humanities promotes five research and education initiatives between 2019 and 2023. The goal is to contribute to solutions for the societal challenges of our day.