LCE Master Stipends 2020
Is your MA thesis about literature and its cognitive and emotional dimensions? Then you can apply for a stipend.
The researcher group Literature, Cognition and Emotions offers up to five stipends for MA students at NOK 10,000 each. You can write your application in English or Norwegian. For link to the Norwegian version of this site, see here.
The stipend can be used to cover travel expenses, to buy the books relevant to your thesis, or to pay for participants in your study (here, book vouchers or paying fees for services that recruit participants, such as Prolific or Clickworker). You are also invited to present your own suggestions. Expenses already incurred cannot be reimbursed. The MA stipend also does not cover living costs.
Who can apply?
Students writing their MA thesis at
The MA thesis must be written during autumn 2020 and spring 2021.
It is an advantage to write on a topic in cognitive literary studies and to have a supervisor in the researcher group Literature, Cognition and Emotions.
How to send your application?
- Please fill in this online form: https://nettskjema.no/a/149711
The application needs to have the following information:
- Your name
- Course of studies
- Your supervisor’s name
- Working title of your master’s thesis
- Budget for your use of the money, plus a summary of your thesis (one to two pages). You can write this in English or in Norwegian.
Deadline and response
- The deadline for applications is 20 November 2020
- You will receive an answer by 11 December 2020
- The stipend will be paid in two instalments: the first half when it is awarded, and the second half when the thesis has been submitted.