Elisabetta Cassina Wolff
- Modern and Contemporary European History
- Modern and Contemporary European Political Philosophy
- Italian Political History
- Fascism, Nazism and authoritarian/totalitarian regimes; Extremism and Radicalism on the Right
- National states' role within the European integration process
- Fascism and Neo-fascism as national (Italia) and supranational phenomena
- Italian History and Contemporary Politics
- Niccoló Machiavelli
- Julius Evola and Carlo Costamagna
- Carlo Rosselli
"Italian History and Politics"
"Contra-revolution, fascism and right-wing extremism: Democracy's enemies (1789-1989)"
"War and Conflict in the 20th Century"
"The European Way to Modernity. Renaissance in an Historical Perspective (1300-1550)"
"From Marshall-plan to Maastricht. The history of the European Union"
"Mussolini's dictatorship and fascism"
"The French Revolution"
"The third way in Norway. Social-democracy between the Wars in an International Perspective"
"Ideology and terror. Totalitarian regimes, ideas and movements from Benito Mussolini to Osama bin Laden"
Seminars in Theory and Method for students in History
Higher education and employment history
I have a Laurea in Political Philosophy from the University of Turin, Italy (1993). In Oslo since 1994, I worked six years as political analyst at the think-tank Europa-programmet , while teaching in Norwegian universities. I discussed my Ph.D. thesis ‘Starting from the end. Fascist Ideology in Post-War Italy (1945-1953)’ at the Faculty of Humanities in Oslo in 2008. Between 2008 and 2011, I worked as Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Modern and Contemporary History and in Italian History both at the University of Oslo and at Vestfold University College. I won a permenent position at the University of Oslo, Dep. of History, in 2011. Since 1994 I have been freelance and independent political analyst and commentator on Italian politics for Norwegian media.
- C-REX, Center for Research on Extremism, University of Oslo.
- NEST, Network for Studies on Totalitarianism and Democracy, University of Oslo.
ECPR, European Consortium for Political Research, Standing Group on Extremism and Democracy, UK
ECPR, European Consortium for Political Research, Standing Group on Southern European Politics, UK
- Demokratiprogrammet, Dep. of Political Science, University of Oslo.
- ASMI, Association for the Study of Modern Italy, London, UK.
- CONGRIPS, Conference Group on Italian Politics and Society, under ASPA, The American Political Science Association, Washington, USA
- ISSEI, International Society for the Study of European Ideas.
- PSA, Political Studies Association, UK