This spring, I will also start my 3-year post-doc where I will spend the first two years abroad. The post-doc is funded by The Norwegian Research Council's Three-year Researcher Project with International Mobility. The topic is The Ethics of Contagion: How We Should Respond to the Spread of Infectious Diseases.
My most recent papers are:
- The Ethics of Emergencies (Philosophical Studies, w/ Ole Martin Moen).
- Prize, Not Price: Reframing Rewards for Kidney Donors (Journal of Medical Ethics)
- The Ethics of Sex Robots (The Oxford Handbook of Digital Ethics, w/ Brian Earp)
I'm also a proud contributor to "Racial Justice Requires Ending the War on Drugs," a forthcoming target article in the American Journal of Bioethics.
My supervisor was Professor Ole Martin Moen and my opponents were:
I have been a Visiting Fellow at
- Harvard's Government Department (2019-2020), under supervision by Professor Michael Sandel.
- The University of Oxford's Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics (2017, 2019), on invitation from Professor Julian Savulescu.
I am a regular contributor to the Norwegian press. You can find my writings in
I have also written books on
- Social Democracy (2014)
- The Power Elite (2016, w/ K. O. Åmås, K Clemet, K Wiedswang)
- Euthanasia (2019, w/ Moen).
One the podcast Moralistene, Moen and I discuss ethical issues of relevance for the wider public and interview prominent philosophers like Peter Singer and Helga Varden. I hope you like it.