I am a PhD fellow in philosophy, working on topics in applied ethics, and especially the morality of markets. I am affiliated with the project "What should not be bought and sold?", funded by the SAMKUL scheme of the Research Council of Norway.
This spring (2019) I am a visiting student at the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics at the University of Oxford and here I'm working on the ethical limits of markets, the ethics of emergencies, methods in applied ethics, and sex selection. In the fall (2019) I will be affiliated with Harvard's Department of Government as a Visiting Fellow on a Fulbright scholarship, with Michael Sandel as my academic supervisor.
When I am not writing academic papers, I involve myself in the public debate about difficult ethical issues, such as selective abortion, markets in contested commodities and vegetarianism. I'm a regular contributor to the Norwegian daily Dagbladet. You can find my writings (in Norwegian) here.
The podcast Moralistene is a part of this exercise. On this podcast, my supervisor Ole Martin Moen and I discuss ethical issues of relevance for the wider public, and interview prominent philosophers like Peter Singer and Helga Varden. I hope you like it.
- Moen, Ole Martin & Sterri, Aksel Braanen (2018). Pedophilia and Computer-Generated Child Pornography, In David Boonin (ed.), Palgrave Handbook of Philosophy and Public Policy. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 978-3-319-93906-3. 29. s 369 - 382
- Sterri, Aksel Braanen (2018). Provokativ offentlig filosofi. Etikk i praksis. ISSN 1890-3991. 12(2), s 105- 128 . doi: 10.5324/eip.v12i2.2539
- Sterri, Aksel Braanen (ed.) (2014). Global citizen - challenges and responsibility in an interconnected world. Sense Publishers. ISBN 9789462099289. 128 s.
- Sterri, Aksel Braanen (2018). Raino Malnes & Knut Midgaard: Politisk filosofi. Tidsskrift for samfunnsforskning. ISSN 0040-716X. 59(1), s 116- 119 . doi: 10.18261/issn.1504-291X-2018-01-13
- Berg, Ole Trond; Sterri, Aksel Braanen & Thorsen, Dag Einar (2014). totalitarisme. Store Norske Leksikon (Nettutgaven).
- Sterri, Aksel Braanen & Rasmussen, Magnus (2011). Sommerferieeffekten. Nytt Norsk Tidsskrift. ISSN 0800-336X. 28(2), s 213- 218