My academic interest is primarily in the ethics of war. More generally, I am interested in the relevance of causation to morality, subjective/objective rightness and collective responsibility.
I received my MIA from Columbia University in 2005. Between 2006 and 2012 I have worked in the Norwegian Foreign Ministry, serving as a diplomat both in Islamabad and Jerusalem.
I was awarded the Ph.D. fellowship at Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas 2012 and received my doctoral degree from the University of Oslo March 2016.
- Christie, Lars (2018). "Distributing the Cost of Rescue", In Bradley Jay Strawser (ed.), Who Should Die? The Ethics of Killing in War.. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780190495657. Chapter 9.
- Christie, Lars & Barry, Christian (2018). The Moral Equality of Combatants, In Seth Lazar & Helen Frowe (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Ethics and War. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199943418. chapter.
- Christie, Lars (2017). Legal and moral responsibility of foreign fighters.
- Christie, Lars (2017). The conflict in Syria: Great Power Politics and Humanitarian Consequences.
- Christie, Lars (2017). Weapons.
- Christie, Lars (2016). Harming one to save another. Liability and Lethal Luck.