FLASH WORKSHOP at ConceptLab
The Conceptual Principles (core and non-core) for a ConceptLab Flash workshop are:
- Theme/Talks: Anything related to ConceptLab issues (broadly construed).
- Venue announced 2hrs before Workshop.
- Talks will be between 5 minutes and 20 minutes—depending on how many people show up to give a talk.
- Be prepared to tailor your talk to different lengths of time.
- We work out the schedule, chairs, etc. on the spot depending on who shows up.
- There will be a short discussion period for each talk. Typically five minutes.
- No Powerpoint allowed.
- One-page handout (or less) allowed.
- Work in Progress especially welcome – just come along with a hunch or a scruffy idea.
- Grad Students especially welcome to present their WIP.
- Suggestions (for good venues) especially welcome. (A good place on campus, a quiet coffee bar, bar, pub, church, synagogue, hotel, etc.)
Please get in touch if you are definitely going to give a talk. I will be doing a flash poster so it would be good to put some names on it.