I am a PhD fellow in philosophy, working on topics in applied ethics. I am affiliated with the project "What should not be bought and sold?", funded by the SAMKUL scheme of the Research Council of Norway.
This spring (2019) I am a visiting student at the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics at the University of Oxford and there I work on the ethical limits of markets, the ethics of emergencies, methods in applied ethics, and sex selection. In the fall (2019) I will be affiliated with Harvard's Department of Government as a Visiting Fellow on a Fulbright scholarship, with Michael Sandel as my academic supervisor.
When I am not writing academic papers, I try to involve myself in the public debate about difficult ethical issues, such as selective abortion, markets in contested commodities and vegetarianism. I'm a regular contributor to the Norwegian daily Dagbladet. You can find my writings (in Norwegian) here.
The podcast Moralistene is a part of this exercise. On this podcast Ole Martin Moen and I discuss ethical issues of relevance for the wider public, and interview prominent philosophers like Peter Singer and Helga Varden. I hope you like it.
- Moen, Ole Martin & Sterri, Aksel Braanen (2018). Pedophilia and Computer-Generated Child Pornography, In David Boonin (ed.), Palgrave Handbook of Philosophy and Public Policy. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 978-3-319-93906-3. 29. s 369 - 382
- Sterri, Aksel Braanen (2018). Provokativ offentlig filosofi. Etikk i praksis. ISSN 1890-3991. 12(2), s 105- 128 . doi: 10.5324/eip.v12i2.2539
- Sterri, Aksel Braanen (ed.) (2014). Global citizen - challenges and responsibility in an interconnected world. Sense Publishers. ISBN 9789462099289. 128 s.
- Sterri, Aksel Braanen (2018). Raino Malnes & Knut Midgaard: Politisk filosofi. Tidsskrift for samfunnsforskning. ISSN 0040-716X. 59(1), s 116- 119 . doi: 10.18261/issn.1504-291X-2018-01-13
- Berg, Ole Trond; Sterri, Aksel Braanen & Thorsen, Dag Einar (2014). totalitarisme. Store Norske Leksikon (Nettutgaven).
- Sterri, Aksel Braanen & Rasmussen, Magnus (2011). Sommerferieeffekten. Nytt Norsk Tidsskrift. ISSN 0800-336X. 28(2), s 213- 218