Lai Sze Tso
China; East Asia, Technology; Health; Medicine; Gender; International Cooperation, Community Development
PhD, University of Michigan,
Sociology and Women’s Studies Joint Doctoral Program, 2013, Dissertation: “Making it” in China: Why young rural women climb the ladder by moving into China’s cities.,
Peking University, Sociology, Visiting Student, 2007-09
MA, University of Michigan,
Sociology, Social Demography, 2006
BA, University of Pennsylvania,
Asian & Middle Eastern Studies / International Relations, Magna Cum Laude / Phi Beta Kappa, 2002
Health, Medicine, and Technology--
- Tso LS, Best J, Beanland R, Doherty M, Lackey M, Ma Q, Hall B, Bin Y, Tucker J. (June 2016). Facilitators and Barriers in HIV Linkage to Care Interventions: A Qualitative Evidence Review. AIDS. 2016 Jun 19; 30(10): 1639-53.
- Tso LS, Tang WM, Li H, Yan HY, Tucker J. (2016). Social media interventions to prevent HIV: A review of interventions and methodological considerations. Current Opinion in Psychology. 2016; 9:6-10.
- Ma Q, Tso LS, Rich Z, Hall B, Beanland R, Li H, Lackey M, Hu F, Cai W, Doherty M, Tucker J. (2016). Barriers and facilitators of interventions for improving antiretroviral therapy adherence: a systematic review of global qualitative evidence. Journal of the International AIDS Society. 2016;19 (1) 21166.
- Tucker JD, Tso LS, Hall BJ, Ma QY, Beanland R, Best J, Li H, Lackey M, Marley G, Rich Z, Sou K, Doherty M. (2017). Enhancing Public Health HIV Interventions: A qualitative meta-synthesis and systematic review of studies to improve linkage to care, adherence, and retention. EBio Medicine 17: 163-171.
- Hall B, Sou KL, Beanland R, Lackey M, Tso L, Ma Q, Doherty M, Tucker J. (Aug 2016). Barriers and Facilitators to Interventions Improving Retention in HIV Care: A Qualitative Evidence Meta-synthesis. AIDS & Behavior. First online 31 August 2016.
- Best J, Tso LS, Bin Y, Tucker J, Lackey M, Beanland R. (2015). Barriers and facilitators to interventions improving HIV linkage to care: a meta-synthesis of qualitative research studies. PROSPERO 2015:CRD42015017252. (http://www.crd.york.ac.uk/PROSPERO/display_record.asp?ID=CRD42015017252)
China and East-Asia Focused--
- Zhang W, Schaffer D, Tso LS, Tang S, Tang W, Huang S, Yang B, Tucker JD. (2017). Innovation contests to promote sexual health in China: A qualitative evaluation. BMC Public Health. 17:78.
- Li H, Li X, Tso L, Qiao S, Holroyd E, Zhou Y, Shen Z. (2016). HIV-Negative children’s experiences and opinions towards parental HIV disclosure: a qualitative study in China. Vulnerable Children and Youth Studies. 2016 11(2):173-179.
- Zhang Y, Kim J, Liu FY, Tso LS, Tang WM, Wei CY, Bayus BL, Tucker JD. (2015). Creative contributory contests (CCC) to spur innovation in sexual health: Two cases and a guide for implementation. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2015 Nov: 42 (11): 625-8.
- Zhang Y, Best J, Tang WM, Liu FY, Tso L, Huang SJ, Zheng HP, Yang B, Wei CY, Tucker J. (April 2016). Transgender sexual health in China: A cross-sectional online survey in China. Sexually Transmitted Infections DOI: 10.1136/sextrans-2015-052350.
- Community Advocates Manual (2014). Chinese-to-English Translation Edition, Copy-editor. Project on “Resilience-based psychosocial intervention among children affected by HIV/AIDS, Henan China.” Pediatric Prevention Research Center, School of Medicine, Wayne State University.
- Caregivers’ Intervention Curriculum Manual (2014). Chinese-to-English Translation Edition, Copy-editor. Project on “Resilience-based psychosocial intervention among children affected by HIV/AIDS, Henan China.” Pediatric Prevention Research Center, School of Medicine, Wayne State University.
- Tso L (2014). Old Vices, New Technology: Chinese People Accessing Pornography. Review of People’s Pornography: Sex and Surveillance on the Chinese Internet by Katrien Jacobs. Journal of Sex Research. 51 (4) 479-481.