*** ON LEAVE ***
- critical museum and heritage studies
- museum anthropology and collaborative museology
- emotions in museums
- relations between museums and Indigenous Peoples
- cross-cultural perspectives on heritage and museums
- multiculturalism and cultural diversity in museums
- material culture and object biographies
- cultural heritage and collective memory
- national narratives in museums
Regional expertise: Taiwan; Norway; limited field research in British Columbia (Canada) and Belize.
As part of the Master in Museology and Cultural Heritage, Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages, University of Oslo.
- Critical Museum Studies: history and theory (MUSKUL4200)
- Research Methods in Museum and Cultural Heritage Studies (MUSKUL4110/4210)
- Master thesis writing seminars (MUSKUL4590)
As part of the BA in Cultural History, Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages, University of Oslo.
- Museums: a Cultural History (KULH2008)
- Material culture in a Globalized World (KULH2081)
2012-15 Lecturer, Master in Museum Studies, School of Museum Studies, University of Leicester (UK).
- Liisa-Rávná Finbog, The making of indigenous identity through the use of material culture within a museological framework
- Eva Johansen, The restitution of Sámi cultural heritage: what happens locally? (co-supervision with Prof. Stein Roar Mathisen, UiT)
- Laura Osorio Iregui, Weaving heritage in a globalized world. A case study of Wayuu and Wounan Colombian indigenous crafts.
Completed: Sofia Bollo, Chinese cultures on display, URPP Asia & Europe, University of Zürich/CH (co-supervision).
Higher education and employment history
- Since 2016: Associate Professor in Museology and Cultural History, IKOS
- 2012-15: NFR-FRIHUM Postdoctoral Fellow, IKOS
- 2009-12: Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Museum Studies, University of Leicester (UK)
- 2008 PhD, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), University of Geneva, Switzerland. PhD thesis: 'Which museum for what China? Museums, objects and the politics of representation in the post-Maoist transition'.
- Between 2005 and 2008 (total of 12 months), Collections assistant, Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Cambridge (UK)
- 2003 Master in International and Development Studies, IHEID, University of Geneva.
- 1999 Master in Diplomatic Studies, Institute of International Sociology (Gorizia, Italy) / Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
International affiliations and cooperation
- Visiting Research Fellow, School of Museum Studies, University of Leicester (UK)
- Visiting Researcher, Museum of Anthropology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (June-July 2014)
- Visiting Researcher, College of Indigenous Studies, Donghwa University, Taiwan, R.O.C. (Feb-Aug 2013)
- Visiting Researcher, Graduate School of Museum Studies, Taipei National University of the Arts, R.O.C. (Feb-Aug 2010; Sept-Dec 2011)