Religion and Politics, Sports and Politics, Music and Politics, Democracy and Bangladesh
PhD, School of Government and International Relations, Griffith University, Australia
MLitt in Muslims Globalization and the West, University of Aberdeen, UK
MSc in Globalization: Origin, Development and Contemporary Impact, University of Dundee, UK
BSS in Mass Communication & Journalism, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Emerging Scholar Award, 10th Global Studies Conference, National University of Singapore, Singapore (2017)
RESOLVE Fellow, RESOLVE Network, United States Institute of Peace, Washington DC (2017)
Visiting Fellow, American Institute of Bangladesh Studies and Institute for South Asian Studies, UC Berkeley (2016)
South-South Migration, Security Risks and Violent Extrimism in Bangladesh in the Shadow of Globalization, India Quarterly (Sage), 73 (3)
Playing with Fire: Islamism and Politics in Bangladesh, Asian Journal of Political Science , 23 (2): 226 -241 (Taylor and Francis) , DOI: 10.1080 / 02185377.2015.1040039 (Co authored with Martin Griffiths)
"Sports as a critique of politics: Everest climbing, nationalism and the failure of politics in Bangladesh." Global Discourse: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Current Affairs and Applied Contemporary Thought ( Taylor and Francis) 5 (4): 540-552. DOI: 10.1080 / 23269995.2015.1004255
Islamic Concept of Ummah and Transnational Networks of Political Islam in Bangladesh. " In Being Muslim in South Asia . Ed. Robin Bannerman Jeffrey & Ronojay Sen.pp 224-248. New Delhi: Oxford University Press
"To What Extent Diplomatic Influence Foreign Policy? Tony Blair's Foreign Policy since 9/11 with Regards to Afghanistan and Iraq as Case Studies. " World Journal of Islamic History and Civilization . 4 (1): 1-9. (Malaysia) (DOI: 10.5829 / idosi.wjihc.2014.4.1.411)
"Islam, Islamism and Post-Islamism: Rediscovering Politics after the War on Terror." Australian Journal of Politics and History . 60 (1): 110-124 (Willey) (DOI: 10.1111 / ajph.12048)
"The Geopolitics of Political Islam in Bangladesh." Harvard Asia Quarterly . 14 (1 & 2): 60-69. (Harvard University Asia Center) Hasan, Mubashar (2012) "Historical Development of Political Islam with Reference to Bangladesh." Journal of Asian and African Studies. 47 (2): 155-167. (Saw)
"The Concept of Globalization and How this has impacted on contemporary Muslim understanding of Ummah." Journal of Globalization Studies .2 (2). : 145-159.
"Political Islam and Democracy in Bangladesh." South Asia Research . 31 (2): 97-117 (Sage)
'Religion and Politics in International Relations: The Modern Myth', Politics, Religion and Ideology , 14 (4): 581-583 (Taylor and Francis)
Transatlantic Open Aviation Area: A Template for a Globalized Civil Aviation Industry. Aerlines Magazine (Online Journal on Air Transport for Aviation Business Students and Professionals), 40 (6): 1-4
Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science and Sociology, North South University, Bangladesh
Assistant Professor, Department of Media Studies & Journalism, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh
- Hasan, Mubashar (2020). Re-Conceptualizing Safety of Journalists in Bangladesh. Media and Communication. ISSN 2183-2439. s 1- 10 . doi: 10.17645/mac.v8i1.2494 Full text in Research Archive.
- Hasan, Mubashar (2019). Bangladeshi ‘Boat People’: Context, Drivers And Policy Implications. South Asia Research. ISSN 0262-7280. 39(1), s 78- 94 . doi: 10.1177/0262728018814632
- Hasan, Mubashar (2019). Who suppresses free speech in Bangladesh? A typology of actors, In Elisabeth Eide; Kristin Orgeret & Nil Mutluer (ed.), Transnational Othering - Global Diversities. Media, Extremism and Free Expression. Nordicom. ISBN 978-91-88855-18-3. 10. s 155 - 170
- Hasan, Mubashar; Isezaki, Kenji & Yasir, Sameer (2019). Introduction to Radicalization in South Asia: Context, Trajectories and Implications, In Mubashar Hasan; Kenji Isezaki & Sameer Yasir (ed.), Radicalization in South Asia Context, Trajectories and Implications. SAGE Publications India. ISBN 9789353285487. Introduction. s 1 - 25
- Hasan, Mubashar (2020). Islam and Politics in Bangladesh: The Followers of Ummah. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 9789811511158. 215 s.
- Hasan, Mubashar; Isezaki, Kenji & Yasir, Sameer (ed.) (2019). Radicalization in South Asia Context, Trajectories and Implications. SAGE Publications India. ISBN 9789353285487. 350 s.
- Ruud, Arild Engelsen & Hasan, Mubashar (2019). The Geopolitics of the 2018 Parliamentary Elections in Bangladesh. e-International relations. ISSN 2053-8626.
- Ruud, Arild Engelsen & Hasan, Mubashar (2019). What went wrong with the BNP, Bangladesh's main opposition party?. Al Jazeera.
- Hasan, Mubashar (2018). Bangladeshi rappers wield rhymes as a weapon, with Tupac as their guid. The Conversation. ISSN 2201-5639.
- Hasan, Mubashar (2018). Rock ‘n’ roll is dying in Bangladesh. The Conversation. ISSN 2201-5639.