I have a background in English Studies, Development Studies and Cultural Studies. I have interests in politics and religious studies with a focus on Hinduism and Hindu nationalism in India, especially with a focus on the interactions between religion, modernity, and globalisation; caste contestations, popular religious practices, and religious festivals. I also have interests in film and literature studies, with a focus on Taiwanese cinema and modern Malayalam literature. My PhD project is on the interplay between religion and politics in the context of a very popular 'subaltern' Hindu religious festival in Kerala, the Kodungallur Bharani.
- August 2022-present: PhD in the Study of Religion and Politics, University of Oslo.
- August 2015-July 2020: Integrated MA in English Studies (with a minor in Development Studies), Indian Institute of Technology-Madras, Chennai, India.
- September 2021-July2022: Teaching Assistant, Online Degree Programme, Indian Institute of Technology-Madras, Chennai, India.
- July 2018: Research Intern, Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi, India.
- January 2017-February 2017: Events Co-ordinator, "Traversing the Margins" 2017 (Academic Conference, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology-Madras, Chennai, India).
- July 2016: Editorial Intern, The Hindu, Chennai, India.