How to obtain a supervisor for your Master's Thesis
Whatever programme option you are enrolled in at IKOS, you are either required or strongly recommended to take the project description course intended for your study programme.
Depending on which programme option you are enrolled in, you should choose one of the following project description courses:
- EAST4510 – Multiple Modernities in East Asia: Approaches to the Study of Culture and History (discontinued)
- EKUL4000 – Europa som historisk kunnskapsfellesskap
- JAP4010 – Theory and Method in the Study of Modern Japan
- KIN4510 – How to study Chinese Culture and Society at an Advanced Level
- MES4000 – Theory, Methodology and Project Description in Middle East- and South Asia Studies
- MUSKUL4000 – Museum og kulturarv: kontekst og kommunikasjon
- REL4000 – Introduksjon til masteroppgaven i religionsvitenskap - prosjektbeskrivelsen
Once you have completed the project description course, you will be assigned a supervisor. A supervision agreement will be sent to you during the following semester (by 1 September or 1 February, respectively). You should fill in the blanks, sign and return the contract to your student advisor within two weeks.