Word and frequency lists
Academic wordlist – bokmål
Academic wordlist – Bokmål (AKA-list) is a list containing 750 words.
Academic words are those words that you need to know independently of genre if you want to take full advantage of teaching and textbooks above school level, and to write academic texts.
The Mandarin Audio Idiolect Dictionary (MAID) is a comprehensive ca. 2000-hour long audio dictionary of the language of a Manchu speaker of the Peking Chinese dialect.
The Text Laboratory can offer various kinds of frequency lists from spoken and written language corpora. The lists can be used for research. Some lists are available via this page. If you need other kinds of frequency lists, please contact the Text Laboratory.
- KELLY - Word lists for language learning
- Norwegian noun-noun compounds (compiled from NoWaC and edited by Eli Anne Eiesland)
- Search the frequency lists from the NoTa-Oslo and The Oslo Corpus of Tagged Norwegian Texts, bokmål and nynorsk (page in Norwegian)
- See frequency lists from The Oslo Corpus of Tagged Norwegian Texts (page in Norwegian)
- Download frequency lists from NoWaC
To access the last three frequency lists you need a user name and password.
Character frequencies in Norwegian
This list of character frequencies in Norwegian is generated from NoWaC. The list is sorted by descending frequency and includes all characters that appear in the corpus. Uppercase and lowercase characters are merged. The characters are listed with absolute frequency and with percentage in brackets.
Download the character frequency list