Jozina Vander Klok
Syntax, semantics, fieldwork methodologies, language documentation
Jozina Vander Klok holds a Ph.D. (2012) in Linguistics from McGill University (Canada).
Her previous appointments include postdoctoral positions at the University of British Columbia as a SSHRC (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada) fellow; at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology at the Jakarta Field Station in Indonesia working on the documentation of Semarang Javanese; and most recently again at the University of British Columbia as part of the project "Tense and Aspect in the Pacific".
- Seyfarth, Scott; Vander Klok, Jozina Madolyn & Garellek, Marc (2019). Evidence against interactive effects on articulation in Javanese verb paradigms. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review. ISSN 1069-9384. . doi: 10.3758/s13423-019-01637-2
- Vander Klok, Jozina Madolyn (2019). The Javanese language at risk? Perspectives from an East Java village. Language Documentation & Conservation. ISSN 1934-5275.
- Vander Klok, Jozina Madolyn & Connors, Thomas J. (2019). Using questionnaires as a tool for comparative linguistic field research: Two case studies on Javanese, In Aimée Lahaussois & Marine Vuillermet (ed.), Methodological Tools for Linguistic Description and Typology. University of Hawai'i Press. ISBN 978-0-9973295-5-1. Chapter. s 62 - 96
- Vander Klok, Jozina Madolyn (2018). Types of polar questions in Javanese. NUSA: Linguistic studies of languages in and around Indonesia. ISSN 0126-2874. 63, s 1- 44 Full text in Research Archive.
- Vander Klok, Jozina Madolyn; Goad, Heather & Wagner, Michael (2018). Prosodic focus in English vs. French: A scope account. Glossa: a journal of general linguistics. ISSN 2397-1835. 3(1), s 1- 47 . doi: 10.5334/gjgl.172 Full text in Research Archive.
- Næss, Åshild; Evans, Bethwyn & Vander Klok, Jozina Madolyn (2018). The rise of grammatical relations in Austronesian.