About the project
Oral texts, such as narratives, descriptions and conversations, are the basic units of human communication. The production of coherent texts is, however, often challenging for speakers with aphasia, due to their difficulties in the use of lexico-grammatical resources. The oral text production by speakers with aphasia may thus be informative of general psycholinguistic issues, such as representations and processes in the mental lexicon.
In language rehabilitation, comprehensive assessment of language and communication abilities is important. One of the outcomes of this project is a set of principled guidelines for the systematic assessment of spoken discourse production by speakers with aphasia.
- Postdoktor Marianne Lind (project manager)
- Professor Kristian Emil Kristoffersen
- Professor Inger Moen
- Professor Hanne Gram Simonsen
- Speech and language therapist (Logoped MNLL), Senior Adviser Line Haaland-Johansen (Bredtvet Resource Center)
- Speech and language therapist (Logoped MNLL), Adviser Ingvild Røste
(Bredtvet Resource Center)
- Speech and language therapist (Logoped MNLL), PhD candidate Monica Knoph
(Bredtvet Resource Center/Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies)
- Professor Anna-Maija Korpijaakko-Huuhka (University of Tampere)
- Speech and language therapist (Logoped MNLL), PhD Melanie Kirmess
(Sunnaas Rehabilitation Hospital/Department of Special Needs Education, University of Oslo)
- Eli Anne Eiesland (ILN, UiO)
- Eiesland, Eli Anne & Lind, Marianne (2012). Compound nouns in spoken language production by speakers with aphasia compared to neurologically healthy speakers: An exploratory study. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, 26, 232-254.
- Korpijaakko-Huuhka, Anne-Maija & Lind, Marianne (2012). The impact of aphasia on textual coherence: Evidence from two typologically different languages. Journal of Interactional Research in Communication Disorders, 3 (1), 47-70.
- Kirmess, Melanie & Lind, Marianne (2011). Spoken language production as outcome measurement following constraint induced language therapy. Aphasiology, 25 (10), 1207-1238.
- Lind, Marianne; Kristoffersen, Kristian Emil; Moen, Inger & Simonsen, Hanne Gram (2010). Oral Language: What is Normal? Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 6, 109-110.
- Lind, Marianne; Kristoffersen, Kristian Emil; Moen, Inger & Simonsen, Hanne Gram (2009). Semi-spontaneous oral text production: Measurements in clinical practice. Clinical linguistics & phonetics, 23, 872-88.