Fields of Research Competence
Church-state relations, religious nationalism, ecclesiastical politics, political theology
- MTh Religion, Politics and Democracy, Stockholm School of Theology (ongoing)
- MA European Union - Russia Studies, University of Tartu, 2019 (cum laude)
- BA Political Science, Sofia University, 2016
- Analyst, Roma National Council, Zagreb, Croatia, 2019 - 2020
My PhD project, "Church and State Entanglements in Contemporary Russia: Between Mutual Normativities and Distinct Agencies" investigates the relationship between the political discourse of the Russian Orthodox Church and the Orthodox discourse of the Russian government since 2012. How is the mutual legitimization between these two actors made possible? What kind of subjectivities this relationship enables and what are the limitations it poses? The study will address these questions in light of the relational dynamic between "conservative" Russia and the "liberal West". The dissertation is part of the "Values-based regime legitimation in Russia" (LegitRuss) project funded by the Research Council of Norway.
- Kolov, Bojidar (2021). Main Temple of Mutual Legitimation: The New Cathedral of the Russian Armed Forces as a Site of Power Made Meaningful.