- Theoretical linguistics (Generative Grammar).
- Syntax-Semantics Interface.
- Quantification and Information Structure (cross-linguistically).
- Italian language and linguistics.
The main goal of my project is to investigate some issues related to the interactions that exist between some information-structural properties and quantification in different languages.
In particular, I will try to disentangle the role of topicality and focalisation with respect to doubly quantified sentences.
I will also consider how other complex syntactic configurations (as, for example, clitic left dislocation vs clitic right dislocation) play a role in boosting or restricting scope preferences.
I will focus my attention on Romance languages (with main focus on Italian).
The theoretical framework of the project relies on generative approaches to the Syntax-Semantics interface (à la Heim & Kratzer 1998).
I am part of the research group Syntax and Semantics .
I received my BA in Humanities from the University of Perugia (Italy), in 2013.
In 2016, I received my MA in Linguistics and Cognitive Studies from the University of Siena (Italy).
- Events officer at UiODoc - Interest Organization for PhDs and PostDocs at the University of Oslo (February 2019 - June 2020).
I was part of the local organizing team of GLOW42 (Generative Linguistics in the Old World), held in Oslo, 07.05.2019 - 11.05.2019.
I am part of Residual Verb Second in Romance workshop series.
- Callegari, E. & Pulicani, R. (2020), Quantificational PPs and topicalization. Presented at LinguisticEvidence 2020, University of Tübingen (Germany).
- Pulicani, R. (2019), Analysing the interaction between quantification and Information Structure. Presented at workshop "Challenges of quantification", 11 Jan. 2019, Università di Siena (Italy).
- Pulicani, R., (2017), Aspects of Italian quantification: an experimental study. Presented at workshop "Quantifiers & Determiners", 29th European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information, 17-28 July 2017, Université de Toulouse (France).
- Pulicani, R. (2020), The effects of focalization on doubly quantified sentences in Italian. Presented at Workshop on Focus Alternatives: theoretical and empirical perspectives (FATEP), Humboldt Universität zu Berlin (Germany)
- Pulicani, R. & Callegari, E. (2020), Nobody likes everyone: on quantified questions. Presented at LinguisticEvidence 2020, University of Tübingen (Germany)
- Callegari, E. & Pulicani, R. (2019), Topicalized PPs: Movement or External Merge?, Presented at Going Romance 2019, Universiteit Leiden (The Netherlands)
- Pulicani, R., (2018), Italian quantification: an experimental study. Presented at Linguistic Evidence 2018, University of Tübingen (Germany)
- Pulicani, Riccardo (2018). Aspects of Italian quantification: an experimental study..