- Experimental linguistics (Generative Grammar, Cartography)
- Syntax-Semantics Interface
- Quantification and Information Structure (in Romance and Scandinavian languages)
- Italian language and linguistics
- Italian as foreign/second language
In my research project I investigated the relationship between Information Structure and Quantification in Italian. When two quantifier phrases (QPs) interact in the same sentence, this can lead to ambiguity and to two different interpretations of the sentence. Many factors influence the availability of inverse scope: syntactic aspects, semantic features of the interacting quantifiers, language specific factors, and also Information Structure. Given the subtle nature of this semantic phenomenon, I have studied inverse scope availability in Italian with the help of experimental methods. The conceptual framework of my research is the Syntax-Semantics interface (à la Heim & Kratzer, 1997) and Cartographic approaches to (Italian) syntax (Rizzi, 1997 and ff.)
- MA in Linguistics and Cognitive Studies, University of Siena (Italy)
- BA in Humanities, University of Perugia (Italy)
ITA1100 - Praktisk italiensk (vår 2021)
- ITA1101 - Italiensk språk (vår 2021)
- Events organiser at UiODoc - Interest Organization for PhDs and PostDocs at the University of Oslo (February 2019 - June 2020).
I was part of the local organizing team of GLOW42 (Generative Linguistics in the Old World), held in Oslo, 07.05.2019 - 11.05.2019.
- Callegari, E. & Pulicani, R. (2020), Quantificational PPs and topicalization. Presented at LinguisticEvidence 2020, University of Tübingen (Germany).
- Pulicani, R. (2019), Analysing the interaction between quantification and Information Structure. Presented at workshop "Challenges of quantification", 11 Jan. 2019, Università di Siena (Italy).
- Pulicani, R., (2017), Aspects of Italian quantification: an experimental study. Presented at workshop "Quantifiers & Determiners", 29th European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information, 17-28 July 2017, Université de Toulouse (France).
- Pulicani, R. (2020), The effects of focalization on doubly quantified sentences in Italian. Presented at Workshop on Focus Alternatives: theoretical and empirical perspectives (FATEP), Humboldt Universität zu Berlin (Germany)
- Pulicani, R. & Callegari, E. (2020), Nobody likes everyone: on quantified questions. Presented at LinguisticEvidence 2020, University of Tübingen (Germany)
- Callegari, E. & Pulicani, R. (2019), Topicalized PPs: Movement or External Merge?, Presented at Going Romance 2019, Universiteit Leiden (The Netherlands)
- Pulicani, R., (2018), Italian quantification: an experimental study. Presented at Linguistic Evidence 2018, University of Tübingen (Germany)
- Pulicani, Riccardo (2018). Aspects of Italian quantification: an experimental study..