Doctoral Research Fellow - British North American
Phone +47 22854968
Mobile phone +13177971127
Visiting address Niels Henrik Abels vei 36 Niels Treschows hus 0316 Oslo
Postal address Postboks 1003 Blindern 0316 Oslo
Write a few words here about your academic interests.
MA American History, Saint Louis University, 2018
BA History, summa cum laude, Aquinas College, 2016
- Adjunct History Faculty, Saint Louis Community College, Fall 2019-Summer 2020
- Research Assistant for Dr. Flannery Burke and the Missouri Council for History Education, Spring 2020
- Instructor of Record, Saint Louis University, Fall 2019
- Research Assistant for Dr. Lorri Glover, Saint Louis University, Academic Year 2018-2019
- Teaching Assistant for Dr. Thomas Madden, Spring 2018
- Teaching Assistant for Fr. Steven Schoenig, Fall 2017
- Research Assistant for Dr. Katrina Thompson Moore, Saint Louis University, Academic Year 2016-2017
Online Academic Writing and Projects
- "Beyond the 'Murder Hornet' Panic," Edge Effects, June 11, 2020. https://perma.cc/PA3K-ARFN.
- "FSA Teaching Tool" Site, created for the Missouri Council for History Education, April 2020. https://fsateachingtool.wordpress.com/.
- "Childlike Cultivators? Catholicism and Latinx Migrants in Chesterfield, Missouri, 1951-1965," Immigration and Ethnic History Society (IEHS) Graduate Student Blog, March 9, 2020. https://perma.cc/MAK3-53BS.
- Review of Managed Migrations: Growers, Farmworkers, and Border Enforcement in the Twentieth Century, by Cristina Salinas, H-Net, H-Environment, June 22, 2020. https://perma.cc/UG2V-MJXP.
- Review of Ellen Browning Scripps: New Money & American Philanthropy, by Molly McClain, American Nineteenth Century History, 20, no. 1 (2019): 86-88.
- Saint Louis Community College
- HST 128 - Western History from 1500 to Present
- HST 115 - Ancient and Medieval History to 1500
- HST 102 - United States History from 1865 to the Present
- Saint Louis University
- HST 1120 - Origins of the Modern World, 1500-Present
Recent Presentations & Workshops
- “Changes in the Land: Colonizing the Americas with Animals.” Remote Guest Lecture for Middle School Students. St. Louis, Missouri, April 22, 2020.
- “When Potato Fields were Prisons: Unfree Agriculture in McHenry County during World War II.” Invited Lecture for the Highland Park Historical Society. Highland Park, Illinois, April 5, 2020. [Moved to Zoom due to COVID-19]
- “When Potato Fields were Prisons: Unfree Agriculture in McHenry County during World War II.” Invited Lecture for the McHenry County Historical Society’s Sampler Lecture. Union, Illinois, April 2020. [Cancelled due to COVID-19]
- “Caging Cantaloupe Fields: Carceral Foodscapes in Chesterfield, Missouri, 1940-1973.” Paper prepared for American Society for Environmental History Annual Conference. Ottawa, Ontario, CA, March 2020. [cancelled due to COVID-19]
- “Caging Potato Fields: Carceral Agriculture in Marengo, Illinois, during World War II.” Paper presented at the 2019 Midwestern History Association Conference. Grand Rapids, MI, May 2019.
- “Revisited: Migrant Labor and Unfree Agriculture in Chesterfield, Missouri – 1940-1965.” Invited Guest Speaker Presentation at Saint Louis University Graduate Research Symposium. St. Louis, MO, April 2019.
- “SLU Food and Environment Strategy Session.” Participant in interdisciplinary summit on food and environment issues in the St. Louis region. St. Louis, MO, December 2018.
- “Whose Education? Disentangling Sex Education, Compulsory Schooling, and Subsidiarity, 1763-2017.” Paper presented at the 2018 World History Association Conference. Milwaukee, WI, June 2018.
- “Migrant Labor, Carceral Agriculture, and Catholic Infantilization in Chesterfield, Missouri – 1940-1965.” Paper presented at Saint Louis University Graduate Research Symposium. St. Louis, MO, April 2018. Second Place Cash Award for Humanities Paper Presentation.
- “Historicizing Emo Music and Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson.” Panel presentation with Saint Louis University Theatre Department. St. Louis, MO, April 2018.
- “Migrant Labor, Carceral Agriculture, and Catholic Infantilization in Chesterfield, Missouri – 1940-1965.” Paper presented at Saint Louis University Phi Alpha Theta Conference. St. Louis, MO, April 2018.
- “Latino Migrants and Catholic Infantilization in Chesterfield, Missouri – 1940-1965.” Paper presented at the 2018 Missouri Conference on History. Jefferson City, MO, March 2018.
- “Endnote and Zotero: Digital Source Management in History Research.” Workshop facilitated at the American History Forum, Saint Louis University. Saint Louis, MO, October 2017.
- “Toward Abundant History.” Paper presented at the 2017 Missouri Conference on History. Springfield, MO, March 2017.
- “Teaching Conservative Humanism.” Project presented at Fall 2015 Insignis Honors Event. Grand Rapids, MI, December 2015.
- American History Forum Fund Research Grant, December 2019
- SLU History Department 1818 Travel Grant, April 2018
- SLU History Department 1818 Travel Grant, April 2017
- Outstanding Graduate Award, Aquinas College History Department, 2016
- History Department Representative, Graduate Student Association, Saint Louis University, 2019-2020
- Coordinator, American History Forum, Saint Louis University, 2018-2019
Cristin returned 'not found'
Published Sep. 9, 2020 3:53 PM - Last modified Sep. 9, 2020 3:53 PM