Professor at the Department of Media and Communication. Co-director of POLKOM - Center for the Study of Political Communication.
Has researched on and taught political communication and media policy, media innovation, social media and internet development, local media, Sami media, telecommunications and methods in media studies.
PhD in political science in 1996 with the thesis: Privatising the Public Interest. Conflicts and Compromises in Norwegian Media Politics 1980-1993.
Teaching and tutoring
- Supervising Master and PhD-students.
- Autumn 2019: MEVIT4319 Political communication: The Nordic context
Ongoing research projects:
- POLKOM - Political Communication. Media, power and strategic communication (2014-). Co-directing with Øyvind Ihlen.
- 2019-2021: Breaking Silences: Media and the Child Abuse Commission. Discovery Project, funded by the Australian Research Council. Project leader: Professor Kerry McCallum, Canberra University. Project participant.
- 2019-2022: Pandemic rhetoric, led by Øyvind Ihlen, IMK. Project participant and responsible for the work package.
- 2017- Arendalsuka. Project leader.
- 2009-2021: Election studies on the Sami Parliament election in Norway and Sweden. Project participant. Project leader: Jo Saglie, ISF.
- 2017-2019: The Media Election Campaign 2017. RAM-project. Project leader.