Guest researchers at The Department of Media and Communication
Researchers at the Department of Media and Communication are welcome to invite their partners of cooperation for short term research stays in Oslo.
NB! This information DOES NOT apply to researchers wishing to visit UiO through Erasmus + programs.
All inquiries about possible visits within the limits of Erasmus + program should be related to the Department.
Academic staff employed by the Department of Media and Communication are welcome to invite their partners of cooperation for short term research stays in Oslo.
Visiting researchers will get access to:
- Full access to the University library.
- Access to all e-journals provided by the University library.
- Relevant academic workshops and seminars at the Department.
Conditions of acceptance:
- The invitation should originate from one of the Department's academic employees. Such an invitation is normally a result of a previously established contact and/or academic cooperation. By the established contact one should understand more than a formal request about cooperation sent by email. As a rule, all guest research visits at our Department are a result of ongoing discussions about joint projects, joint publications, or a result of participation in an academic network, international conference and similar.
- One of the Department's employee should confirm his/her ability to function as the visiting researcher's permanent contact point during the stay. This does not involve any academic supervision or guidance.
- Visiting researcher stays are informal, and are NOT a part of any official exchange program or studies.
- The Department reserves the right to give priority to the applications contributing to the Department's ongoing research.
- A good working knowledge of English is a precondition for applying.
- Guests may be asked to present their ongoing research to staff and students during their stay.
- We have no scholarships available and do not have a possibility to fund guest researchers' visits in any way. Guest researchers are expected to take care of all the practicalities and expences, as well as find their own accommodation. The UiO has a very limited number of researcher bedsites, but the demand for this type of housing by far exceeds existing facilities. Guest researchers are therefore strongly recommended to explore possibilities for private accommodation.
- Guests are expected to bring along and use their own data equipment. A connection to WiFi will be provided.
- Information about visiting researchers will usually be presented on our website.
- Please note that in order to comply with visa formalities (if this is the case) or find suitable accommmodation, you should apply several months in advance.
- Applications should include a letter of motivation and a CV (uploaded).
- Applications may be circulated to the Department's academic staff for evaluation.
- Applications may be registered at any time, and you can expect an answer within 3 weeks (except during holidays). The Department reserves the right to consider the applications at own discretion and reject the applications without stating the reasons for the rejection.
- Please register your application here not later than four weeks prior to your arrival.