Student committee at IMK
The student committee consists of student representatives in the Department of Media and Communication (IMK). The student committee takes care of students’ interests vis-à-vis the Board and Head of the Department.
Promoting your interests
The student committee acts as a representative of student interests in the Board of the Department. The students have two representatives on the Board, enabling us to influence day-to-day student life in the department. The Board is the supreme decision-making body for the department.
- The committee is re-elected every semester.
- All students enrolled on the Department's programs may suggest issues to be taken up for discussion in the Board.
- Students are also represented on the programme committees within the department. The programme committees deal with the academic framework for the programmes to assure their quality.
The most important tasks of the studients' committee are:
- Taking initiatives to student activities
- Addressing student issues on the Department Board
- Communicating important information from the Department to the students, and vice versa
The student committee needs you
The student committee is always on the lookout for new members who can contribute with fresh ideas and enthusiasm. You do not need any qualifications to join, apart from the wish to make a change! It is important for students from all levels to be represented on the student committee, so it is as representative as possible.
The student committee is a particularly good way of making friends and providing a social milieu in the midst of your chaotic student life. A role within the department can also be added to your CV as an extra bonus.
Do you want to know more about the IMK student committee? Do you want to stand for election to the committee? Don’t hesitate to contact the present Student's committee or ask the Section of Studies at the IMK!