The MIDI Lab is a multi-purpose facility used for lectures and student projects - touching on subjects varying from composition to music production and programming. The room consists of a smaller high-quality recording studio, a well-isolated recording room and several student workstations, each equipped with an iMac, a MIDI-keyboard, an audio interface, a microphone and a headset.
The recording studio works with Logic, Pro Tools and Ableton Live.
The recording studio is equipped with:
- 10 iMacs with Logic Pro X, Sibelius 8, and other relevant software.
- A dedicated recording iMac with Pro Tools 12 and Logic Pro X.
- Two Avid Artist Mix-controllers with 8 faders each.
- A Lynx Aurora 16 (AD/DA-converter).
- Various microphones from producers such as Neumann, Brauner, and Sennheiser.
- Pre-amplifiers from producers such as Universal Audio, Rupert Neve Designs, Audient, TL Audio etc.
- Genelec and Dynaudio studio monitors.
- Essential high-end plug-ins from Waves, Universal Audio etc., and various software instruments.
- A user-friendly Grace Design monitor controller.
- A user-friendly patchbay and an intuitive signal flow, well-adjusted to novice students.