Short bio: Olivier Lartillot is a researcher working in the fields of computational music and sound analysis and artificial intelligence. He designed MIRtoolbox, a referential tool for music feature extraction from audio. He also works on symbolic music analysis, notably on sequential pattern mining. In the context of his 5-year Academy of Finland research fellowship, he conceived the MiningSuite, an analytical framework that combines audio and symbolic research.
Olivier just finished working for the SoundTracer project, an innovation project in collaboration with the National Library of Norway. The idea was to develop a prototype mobile app for a "query-by-gesturing" system, in which the user would perform a gesture and retrieve a sound file from the entire collection of the National Library of Norway.
Olivier continues developing his music analysis software MiningSuite with planned integration of musical gesture analysis. He also collaborates on the TIME project.
Olivier has given courses in Music Information Retrieval, conference tutorials and has taught in various summer schools. He has collaborated on various projects around the topics of artificial intelligence, signal processing, cognitive science, neuroscience, music analysis, ethnomusicology and music therapy. He has written 80 articles, with more than 2000 citations. He is a member of the Editorial Board of the Transactions of the International Society for Music Information Retrieval, is an expert evaluator for the European Commission's Horizon 2020 program and has participated to the Program Committees of various conferences.
- Researcher at the Department for Architecture, Design and Media Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark (2014-2016)
- Academy of Finland research fellow (2009-2014) and previously post-doc (2004-2009) at the Finnish Centre of Excellence in Interdisciplinary Music Research, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Scientific collaborator at the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences, University of Geneva, Switzerland (2012-2013)
- PhD at Ircam - Centre George Pompidou, UPMC Paris University (2000-2004)
- ATIAM Master at Ircam - Centre George Pompidou, UPMC Paris University (1999-2000)
- Supélec engineering school, France (1996-1999)
- Art degree in Musicology, Sorbonne University, Paris, France (1996-1999)
Ved å bevege mobiltelefonen i lufta kan du søke etter musikk på biblioteket. En ny app gjør det mulig.
Foto: Toril Haugen
- Weisser, Stéphanie; Lartillot, Olivier; Demoucron, Matthias & Conklin, Darrell (2017). L’ethnomusicologie computationnelle : Pour un renouveau de la discipline. Cahiers d'ethnomusicologie. ISSN 2235-7688. 30, s 29- 44
- Lartillot, Olivier (2013). For a Copernican revolution in the understanding of universality of structural analysis of music, In Jean-Luc Leroy (ed.), Topicality of Musical Universals, Actualité des universaux musicaux. Editions des Archives Contemporaines. ISBN 9782813000613. Chapter 16. s 209 - 224
- Lartillot, Olivier & Ayari, Mondher (2011). Cultural impact in listeners' structural understanding of a Tunisian traditional modal improvisation, studied with the help of computational models. Journal of Interdisciplinary Music Studies. ISSN 1307-0401. 5(1), s 85- 100
- Lartillot, Olivier (2010). Reflections towards a generative theory of musical parallelism. Musicae scientiae. ISSN 1029-8649. 14(1), s 195- 229
- Lartillot, Olivier; Toiviainen, Petri & Eerola, Tuomas (2008). A Matlab Toolbox for Music Information Retrieval, In Data Analysis, Machine Learning and Applications. Springer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-540-78239-1. 0. s 261 - 268
- Lartillot, Olivier (2005). Multi-dimensional motivic pattern extraction founded on adaptive redundancy filtering. Journal of New Music Research. ISSN 0929-8215. 34(4), s 375- 393 . doi: 10.1080/09298210600578246
- Lartillot, Olivier (2004). A musical pattern discovery system founded on a modeling of listening strategies. Computer music journal. ISSN 0148-9267. 28(3), s 53- 67
- Dubnov, Shlomo; Assayag, Gérard; Lartillot, Olivier & Bejerano, Gill (2003). Using machine-learning methods for musical style modeling. Computer. ISSN 0018-9162. 36(10), s 73- 80
- Lartillot, Olivier (2018). Sound analysis for gestural interactions with large music datasets.
- Lartillot, Olivier & Belyaev, Dmitry (2018, 28. mai). Busca música dibujándo en el aire. Publimetro, Latin America. Show summary
- Lartillot, Olivier; Jensenius, Alexander Refsum & Haugen, Toril (2018, 24. mai). Mobilen finner musikk når du beveger hånden. [Internett]. Forskning.no.
- Lartillot, Olivier; Jensenius, Alexander Refsum; Haugen, Toril & Baarøy, Fillip-André (2018, 03. mai). Finner musikk ved å bevege hånden. [Internett]. HF aktuelt.
- Lartillot, Olivier (2017). Sound analysis for gestural interactions with large music datasets.
- Lartillot, Olivier & Toiviainen, Petri (2007). A Matlab toolbox for musical feature extraction from audio.