Transformation (2009-2011) (completed)
Transformation is an improvisation piece for electric violin and live electronics. It is based on the idea of letting the performer control a large collection of sound fragments while moving around on stage.
The piece has been performed, in different versions, at the following locations:
- Norwegian Opera & Ballet on 26 November 2009
- National library of Norway on 4 February 2010
- Norwegian Academy of Music on 3 September 2010
- Norwegian Academy of Music on 28 March 2011
Below is a recording from the last performance:
- Jensenius, A. R. and Johnson, V. (2012, forthcoming). Performing the electric violin in a sonic space. Computer Music Journal, 36(4).
- Johnson, V. (2011). Elektrisk fiolin i det digitale rom. Reflection for the national programme for research fellowships in the arts, norway, Norwegian Academy of Music.
- Jensenius, A. R. and Johnson, V. (2010). A video based analysis system for realtime control of concatenative sound synthesis and spatialisation. In Yildirim, S. and Kofod-Petersen, A., editors, Proceedings of Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Symposium, pages 85–88, Trondheim. Tapir Akademisk Forlag.