These pages contain all the practical information you need to submit your master's thesis at the Department of Musicology.
- 2 May (spring semester)
- 1 November (autumn semester)
If the deadline is on an official holiday, a Saturday, or a Sunday, the deadline is extended to the next working day.
To-do-list for submission day
- Submit your thesis as a pdf in StudentWeb. This must be done in order so that the thesis can be uploaded into DUO, the university's archive of master theses.
- Submit the thesis as a pdf in Inspera.
- Fill in and submit this form: Form for Submission of thesis/Issuance of Diploma
We need to send this form to the Faculty of Arts in order for them to produce your diploma.
Submit Master's thesis to DUO in Studentweb
- Digital publishing in DUO (University of Oslo Library)
- More information about full text and access control
Submit your Master's thesis in INSPERA
Log in: https://uio.inspera.no/
If you want to submit more than one file you have to create a zipped folder
Applying for an EXTRA SEMESTER:
- You may apply for an extra semester - no more than twice. More information on how to apply for an extra semester at the Faculty of Humanities.
- The deadlines for applying for an extra semester are 1 June (spring semester) and 1 December autumn semester). This means: If you are unable to submit your thesis within 2 May/1 November, you will have to apply for an extra semester. The extra semester will not be granted automatically. You should have a feasible plan for the semester approved by your supervisor.