Hana Gustafsson er ny postdoktor på MultiLing
Hana forsker på flerspråklighet i lærerutdanning, og er ellers meget aktiv på fritiden. Hana presenterer seg på engelsk:
- Please tell us a little bit about your background?
- My research on multilingualism is anchored within usage-based linguistics, in particular cognitive-constructionist and dynamic approaches to language and language learning.
In my PhD dissertation (defended in 2013 at the University of Groningen) I investigated the acquisition of L2 English chunks by L1 Dutch learners from a usage-based perspective.
My professional background is in Applied Linguistics and TESOL; in recent years I have gained experience in English-Medium Instruction (EMI) teacher training.
I am interested in integrating academic research and educational practice.
- What will be the focus of your research at MultiLing?
- Taking a usage-based perspective, my project will investigate how multilingual competence is co-constructed in an EMI community of practice, how it emerges and develops in its individual members as well as in the community as a whole, and how it can be described in terms of linguistic structures.
The goal is to contribute to the understanding of multilingual competence and its development in terms of scientific knowledge as well as in terms of outreach value for EMI stakeholders.
- And finally, how do you like to spend your free time?
- My free-time activities include swimming, yoga and various outdoor sports (such as hiking and skiing); I like travelling and I’m interested in art history.